Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Pride and Joy


In the store the other day my grandson sings, "If your happy and you know it clap your hands," and follows with a clap, clap, clap. No one is in the aisle with me to enjoy my precocious two and a half year old. "He's so intelligent and adorable," I think. He's got his head bobbing and he's really enjoying whatever beat he has going on in his head.

We round the corner and go down the next aisle. This aisle is pretty full of people. My pride and joy is still bee-bopping away. He's singing something else now. What is it? I am bending down, getting something off of the bottom shelf so don't quite catch what it is he's singing in a very melodramatic, raspy voice. I hear an elderly voice ask him, "What's that your saying sweety?" I stand up just in time for him to shriek: "You can't kill the Metal, the metal won't die! Smack it to the ground!" The lady looks at me in indignation. I look back at her and shrug. I offer, "If your happy and you know it clap your hands?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL

She probably expected his head to do a 360-degree turn any minute.

Auntie said...

This cracked me up as well. What a great kid...... ;)

Anonymous said...

Jack Black 'n Tenacious D, yes Kaden's head should have spun around! He loves rap and heavy metal. He head bangs when it comes on and starts tapping his feet and shaking his head. He's done it every since he could sit upright. He loves jazz, too. Not so much classical, darn it!