Sunday, June 10, 2007

Looking for a Barry Scheck


While some do think I have been lolligagging about with my new BFF, I have actually been getting myself, probably, knee deep into trouble.

See, this week I have been looking for a Barry Scheck lawyer. It has to do with a video tape. A video tape illegally confiscated during an illegal search and seizure during an illegal stop at an alleged fish and wildlife check point which was vacated because it wasn't posted properly and no other fishermen were stopped, and then it illegally turned up as discovery in an unrelated case one state away. One could call this video tape a smoking gun, at least that's what the deputy district attorney is calling it. I'm trying to figure out how she, a deputy district attorney for Josh Marquis in Clatsop County, legally obtained it from the Washington Fish and Wildlife agent in Wahkiakum County who stole it (and viewed it) out of a kid's backpack, which in no way could be construed as a fish holding tote.

But I can't see how she got it. Legally, that is. It looks like behind the door shenanigans, which appalled the Clatsop County District Attorney when he alleged it happened in the Astoria Municipal Court. It looks like fruit from a tainted search. And it does look like a smoking gun ... but for whom remains to be seen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As someone who has viewed the tape I can tell you that the cops didn't take it out of a backpack. They stopped the camera as it was running so must have taken the video right out of the camera. Still illegal unless they had a warrant for it and presented it to the owner of the camera. I'm guessing by the time it makes it to court on this side there will be warrants it will be interesting to see the dates on those warrants.