Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Friendship


It amazes me how kind people are. Really. Sure there are crappy people out there, disgusting people, aggravating people, and pukes but usually it seems I find those people when I am in a real mood myself. I don't know why I come upon the real good people but I do and for that I am grateful.

When one lives here "forever" one just gets into a mode with blinders not realizing how many more people there are than just the same old that were there from school days. Mind you, nothing wrong with that crowd in the least however we just don't seem to see them around anymore. It seems funny to fall in with people that we have just met as if we have known them forever.

I think that is what blogging does, though. You read someone for so long you feel like you know them. People are sharing their "journals" with one another, sometimes writing what they wouldn't dare even say outloud, and it is a form of trust and a baring of soul which sometimes takes quite a while to take place in the "real" world seems to go faster in the blogsphere. There is an intimacy here which lends itself to coziness.

Sometimes, it seems, it can also lend itself to craziness. On some of the forums and message boards behaviors that you would rarely see and never excuse occurs on a regular basis. Name calling and the blame game, back and forth, back and forth. Who's fault is it now, who's fault could it be, should it be? Arg! So on and so forth until you grow bored with th whole topic.

My new bff is a delightful blogger who's daughter promptly sobbed because she thought she was being replaced! When I was meeting my bgf with my bff (okay, I borrowed that one!) my own twenty-somethings kept circling the building to make sure we weren't having too much "fun"! Too funny.

Friends are those people in your life that you choose. They are people who help you scratch those itchy places. You scratch theirs, they scratch yours and you all scratch together! Although forwards are not my favorite brand of communication one that made the rounds a while back I did appreciate and it went something like: A good friend is there to bail you out of jail, a best friend is sitting there next to you. I think everyone needs both kinds. I hope I learn how to be a better friend. I hope I am the kind of friend that if I'm not close enough to be sitting there next to my friend in jail at least I am the kind of friend who can raise the bail!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

BFF,

Thanks for the lengthy chat the other day at lunch. Really we need to schedule a 3 hour gig next time, okay?

Anonymous said...

You know it! ~ bff

Anonymous said...

xxxxx

The Guy Who Writes This said...

And people wonder where I get get my ideas for my Sick Day posts. : )

Anonymous said...

I thought you'd appreciate the three angels ;)