Tuesday, December 12, 2006

What I want for Kwanzaa because I can't wait for Ayyam-i-Ha

I HATE COMPUTERS!!!!
Crap, my little workhorse laptop has taken suuuuuch a beating. Rigt now I am trying to see past the red scribbles all over the screen just to see to post. I have dyslexia today,  I am missing half of my keys because by grandson lifted them off leaving them with just the white nubbies and I they all stick together. It is torture to type and yet I soldier on. AAAACK! You would think I had something worthwhile to say other than WAH!

So, dear souls who love me. We have agreed to draw names and spend only $20 on one person for the Solstice Night celebration (aka Christmas Eve). I think that, spontaneously you should all email one another (or call, its quicker) and pool your 20s and buy Wife Aunty Mom Sister Daughter Cousin Niece Friend a new laptop.

NEW, not her old one revamped. DO NOT bring her old one to any shop. It goes into the garbage, it has been recycled and cannabilised too many times and now deserves a funeral. She wants a brand new one with a CD/DVD burner. I want it to be wireless ready with mobile broadband! 80 GB harddrive and 1 GB memory would be nice.

Sigh. If I don't hit the backspace then my sentence will look horrible and it can get very frustrating hwen I do hit it constantly. Te other da I ws watching my gradnson type. he was copying meand he was ypin veyr hard and yellig athe kybaord! HA! Hope that doesn't keep him from writing when he grows up.

I do cringe when my children write, though. I hope none of them blog. If I start reading about a crazy mother who has an obsession with government auctions, leg warmers, knitting slippers and afghans but nothing else, and they were the only ones being homeschooled in the days of Christian support groups only so we were horrible parents, I will know one of them has only just begun their revenge!

Before it gets to the revenge part though, and I mean it, BUY ME A PLAPTO i anem a lappot er ppalto ISHT!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm giggling over the "before when there were only Christian Support Groups." Because that's what it was like when I was homeschooled. Don't get me wrong, we're Christian and that was certainly "part" of why we were homeschooled, but only part and those groups were scary for us then. I can't imagine being a part of one NOW!

So sorry about your computer.

Oh! Thanks for the comment on my blog. :) And FYI: There is to be a blogging meet-up on the 28th of Dec , 3pm at Astoria Coffee. Hope you can make it.

CB said...

We homeschooled mid to late 1990s and while "some of our best friends" are Christian, and we do love Christ dearly (just don't consider Him the final way), the homeschooling groups literally told us we were going to hell and wanted to spend meetings in prayer to save us. I received sooo many phone calls that started out with some sort of homeschooling advice but ended up with me defending my religion.

Thank-you for the blogging invite. I am putting it on my schedule!

The Guy Who Writes This said...

And your email address is???

Undercover Mother said...

We think Christ is a righteous dude here, too, but I am a Native American ceremony participant with Buddhist overtones, and a daughter currently in Catholic classes, so as you can imagine, those Christian groups do not work for us at all!

I no longer defend my religion to anyone. We do what speaks to us, and within our family it's different from person to person. We love to learn about other faiths, and follow what our heart says is our path to God. So when people go off, I am now sure enough in what speaks to me to nod and smile. When pressed, I firmly let them know that they're not going to convert me, so lets perhaps talk of something else.

I would love to learn more about your faith, as I have always been foggy on B'hai (sp?). I have three children; a girl, 8; a girl 4.5 and a one-year-old boy. If it sounds like it might be a good match, talk to me at the bloggers meeting (my kids will be there) and we can arrange some play dates!

I hope you get that laptop, by the way. I don't know what I would do without mine! I wasn't convinced I needed one, but now that I have one, no more stationary computers for me, ever!

Dell has very reasonable ones! We moms ask for so little! Surely your family can manage a Dell! :)

CB said...

Guy: twowings 29 at yahoo dot com how come I didn't already do that? King apples, we need to pick out/find some. I have my heritage seed catalog and can not find any. We don't want to grow these from seed, do we? We can from one of the apples I hold right now.

MOT: You who I believe share my name, my two grandsons are 21 months. My children are 25, 24, 24, 24, and 23. The 24 and 23 year old daughter and son and the grandsons let me arrange play dates. The eldest daughter and two other 24 yoa daughters plus the husband are whiners and pout when I do so! Secretly, they know I pick better friends for them.