Saturday, December 30, 2006

Bite Me!



I am soooo very happy to say good-bye to this year. It has not been one of my favorites. Although living through it beats the alternative without laughter and love I would seriously think of embracing the alternative without a backwards glance.

This year we just can't seem to get ahead on anything. Not on bills, not on planning, not on payments, not on my graduate school, not on B's career plans, not on buying the house/property, not on buying a hunting cabin in Eastern Oregon.

We've misplaced our sync. The "we" in "we" has seemed to have gotten lost more this year than in any other in the past 20. We had it in Haifa and I think we left it there, just along the shores of the Mediterranean.

AND

I

WANT

IT

BACK!

So, until then, I preoccupy myself. Sometimes, I type my name into the search engine of Google to see what I can see. What I see is that I am a badass! Or a real nice lady! Depending on who you ask, LOL! At first it made me kind of mad to read what someone else was accusing me of and then I guess it was sort of a compliment. Sort of?

For this next year I want an adventure with my husband. A real and true, harsh "do you think we'll make it" type of adventure. I don't want that to be symbolic. I don't want that to mean "will this marriage survive?" I want it to be an adventure that when I write about it later, it will be like, "WOW, they lived to write about it?"

I am tired of manning home base and reading about the others "doing" something. This is my year. This is our year. I want everything to go smoothly and either the loan or the grant to go through for the school and then I want the time to get everything in order so we can be free. Maybe we will do that thing where we travel to the places that have a natural disaster and need help afterwards. B says he can get the info for that through his work. That sounds like something we could have a blast doing. We do international travel well together. At the very least, we can travel and teach here. I don't want us to put this off any longer. It just isn't getting any easier to go and do things unless we get into the habit of doing it, now.

Rather shamefacedly I must confess I like the phrase "Bite Me". It just says so much and can be used for so many things. Today, it is both my initial reaction to the person who was a bit of an ass, as well as what my husband can do most anytime he wishes! HAHAHA!

3 comments:

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Did you get a new lap top?

CB said...

Not yet! LOL, the fam said I should have had those little A donation to .... has been made in your name cards done up, then just maybe they might have sent in contributions. HA!

Undercover Mother said...

Ah shoot. Maybe one of those $100 XO ones that they're sending to Thailand?????