Monday, May 21, 2007

Ahhhh ... So Nice!

This is my dream of a good place to soak in a hot tub


FINALLY! The NuWave heating element arrived for the spa. We have been without almost one month. I can't believe how long it has taken for us to track down the part, and this is even with me keeping everything together in one spot!

I took the owners manual apart and slipped each page into sheet protectors so we could read it by the spa if we needed to (like when we empty and refill it to clean it, etc...) and put it all in a binder. In the side pockets I keep the purchase order, the receipt and the warranty. See, I was being quite responsible!

And it still took two week to track down the element and another two weeks for the right one to come. Luckily for us we have a friend to advise us on how to install it. In turn we exchanged Kona coffee and computer advice with him! My sister, Daintry, lives in Hawaii and visits the NW often so we have a regular supply of Kona if we desire. A good exchange, its nice having neighbors with talents different than yours. It just seems that the more tools to exchange in the neighborhood make for a more diverse, colorful and interesting place to live. And, in most cases, helpful too!

The spa is not just a luxury or toy. Between the Parkinson's Disease that is Dad's bane to bear and the  natural aging process that is all of ours to bear the spa is almost a necessity and with the most recent acrobatic performance in Astoria Builders Supply it surely is one of the most needed tools in our household at this time!

We head for Portland today so Dad can see a Physical Therapist about his balance issues due to Parkinsons. He has taken some pretty serious tumbles lately because of leaning forward too far, a common occurance w/Parkinsons. This trip is going to be painful for the both of us. My back is still hurting and Dad's legs ache after just half an hour in the car.

Ahhhhh the spa tonight, under a clear sky! Sooooo nice of a thing to look forward to.

9 comments:

Auntie said...

Ahhhhh so nice. It's beautiful as well as therapy, I'll admit.

Next blogger meet location?

Anonymous said...

HEY - 1pm tomorrow. In case you see this. :)

Anonymous said...

FINALLY! Nice meeting you!

Auntie said...

And nice meeting you as well! I dont think we let our other coffee guest get a word in edgewise. Maybe next time.

CB said...

Maybe! We do need him to hold the ladder when we go after the tape! ;)

See anything you liked anywhere out and about this evening?

Auntie said...

Actually, I found what I was looking for this afternoon and I shared with others.

CB said...

When you described it I thought I had seen it. I hoped it was the one you were looking for.

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Hey wait, I was there and I have no idea what you two are talking about.

CB said...

LOL!

You know, you just need to quit thinking martian and brush up on venetian.