Monday, February 05, 2007

Yikes! Where did the 19 hand towel dispensers disappear to?



Hi! My name is Carrie and I have an addiction. Its called auctions. Specifically government surplus auctions. It has been 32 days since I bid on an item.
I have 500 green helmit covers. The reason that I have helmit covers is because they came in the lot shipment with the half shelters, which I bought because I could (and did) get them for $25 for 70 of them. Put them together and you have a whole tent, 35 whole tents. If you could put them together, which you don't know until you get them home. And we could and did put six tents together, except they didn't have poles so they went over tree limbs and that was fun, right guys? Guys? Well, it was fun when they were kids. Right, guys? GUYS!


Like when I got that box of 250 socks for $10. No, not pairs. Individual, two hundred and fifty wool and cotton socks. Yeah, they were salesmen samples and none of them were mated but that taught the kids about fun and art and looking for the best almost mates. To this day none of them are influenced by the whims of fashion. Okay, except the barbie doll daughter. But, even she only has three pairs of mated socks. And I wasn't cruel. Remember, we homeschooled, no one even knew they had on mismates.


Our first projector was an Ask bought for $100 (including a screen) from a surplus auction. Hooked up to a dvd player or the cable box and we had a wide screen television that none of our friends could beat. Our portable dvd player (an orbit game, tv, cd, mp3, and video pic viewer) and our most recent Sanyo projector are both auction purchases, both ebay, though. We also have 15 1980 apple computers in a heap in an old rotting tent. So, you have to put up with a few mistakes until you get to the good stuff.


Right now I am looking at a drafting table, 747 pairs of fire jeans, a suture kit and a 1990 Toyota forklift with a worn starter silinoid. I think I can hide it somewhere on the property until Bart just stumbles across it. Then, maybe, he'll think its left over crap from when mom and dad owned CT&S? I have until tomorrow night at 8 pm, when this auction is over. It may be days until another GSA is posted. Thank God for ebay.

6 comments:

The Guy Who Writes This said...

So do you take things that don't get sold in garage sales?

Anonymous said...

LOL! My husband better not read that comment or one of us will pay and I vote not me!

Oh, remember what you said about if I had the chutzpah not to show at my own blogger party? Katrina went and planned our grandson's second BD party 1-3 on Sunday at the Sub shop! LOL! I now have to be half the time at one party and half at the get together. A loud kiddy party at the (bleahk) Sub shop! Oh, yeah me!

Anonymous said...

Hi, this one of CB's daughter, she left her comp on so I thought I would read her blog and I have few comments to say about this one. First of all the tents, they would have been very cool IF she purchased them when we were 10 or younger. However we were 16 when she got them.

Second about the socks, when she got them they were pretty neat. But now I do wear mated socks. However when you see her you might want to check her socks.

Now about her addiction. Her few experiences with the GSA auction were crazy. I had to go w/ her to pick up 100 school desks in Seattle in an old pick-up, by the end of the trip we were not speaking to eachother.
We were all very excited when her addiction switched from GSA to ebay. Because now we only have 1 1990s projector instead of her getting 20 1970s projectors from GSA for the same price.
I am however going to have to let her husband/my father know that she has relapsed from remission and is bidding on GSA again.

The Guy Who Writes This said...

So sad, sounds like an intervention is needed.

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Also CB I think I said "Stones" because I could never spell "chutzpah". Though growing up in the NY area I am well versed in Yidish, I just spell any of it.

Hey, I may miss the blogger thing as well for some horse traiding : (

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Wait, I may be there after all!