Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ayyam-i-Ha Surprise




Later, I will take a picture of the laptop I have been using for the last few months, loosing keys, bit by bit like an old crone slowly going toothless but still willing to gum her food, just to get out few juicy bits before finally giving over and dying.


So, here it is. My inspiron e1505 and I can honestly say that I was soooo taken by surprise I sat down and sobbed. Yes, I hinted, whined and cajoled but with not one single indication in sight that I was being listened to I had thrown in the towel. Then, the tax man cameth and spitteth in my faceth. I knew then that I would have to wait a good long time for a new laptop and I just didn't see how that the old one would last. My PC was oooollld and stuffed w/photos and programs and papers and clutter and so forth. Spring cleaning was going to suuuuck!


Then, my mommy came home for Ayyam-i-Ha! And we drew names. And my mommy picked my name. And there is a $30 limit. And everyone knows my mom hates limits. And my mom drew my name and ignored the limit and I got a new laptop.


I am so obnoxious right now I can hardly stand myself. I have a new laptop, I have a new laptop, I have a new laptop! Hahaha! Hahaha! Hahahaha-hahaha!


Now, to try to transfer EVERYTHING from the old computer. For those of you who know me you know what an INTENSE project that is. I LIVE through research via my computer. Teaching via the computer, taking classes via the computer. I am the website manager of our local Baha'i Community as well as Twowings Learning Center our family's social and economic development project. I also have our family website and Bart and my pilgrimage website. Then, random files as the secretary of the Spiritual Assembly of the Clatsop County Baha'is, files from the Parkinson's Resources' Support Group, files from stories I am working on, etc, etc, etc...


Whine, whine~ Grin! I think there is an information cable so I can transfer directly from the old laptop to this one. I am glad for this kind of "trouble" to be "bothered" with. Nice stuff to be bothered with, eh?


Baha'i Ayyam-i-Ha. The time of year that you gift those you may have been overlooking during the year. An opportunity to thank your near and dear as well as do acts of charity in their name. Thank-you Mom! May I be able to gift each of my daughters, similarly, during a year when ... well ... just when they really need something like this. Thank-you!


3 comments:

The Guy Who Writes This said...

If you took the photo up top you should try for a new camera next ; )

Anonymous said...

LOL! No that one came from the Dell site. The photo at the bottom is from my daughter's Nikon s5 camera. My husband has a doohickey ladeedah that cost as much as this laptop and I occassionally am allowed to touch it. Especially since I call it a doohickey ladeedah. For some reason he finds that insulting!

Undercover Mother said...

Congratulations!

Now, take the old one out back to the "tent" and shoot it!