Sunday, February 24, 2008

My First Rant




Intrigued by the rant posts of others' blogs, I have decided to do my own rant.

I hate that:



I am so damn stubborn I waste hours, days and weeks on a line of thought that could easily be resolved by looking at it from someone else's point of view.



Eight times out of ten my husband, mother, father, child or grandchild is correct in the argument and I am, gulp, wrong.



I take an offense when none is intended, am offensive when I don't intend to be, try to offend and no one notices.


Am, apparently, able to write on multiple forums without any conscience knowledge of doing so.


Write my best pieces about an hour before I wake and forget them within three minutes of rising.


I most often forget to thank those who deserve to be thanked the most.


Generally forget to give more than I receive.


There are so many in this county who do so much more than I do to make this community a better place to live in. I should appreciate what they do, instead of griping about what they don't do.


So many living so very near by have so much less and I still consume too much, recycle too little, overspend and under save.


Whatever the December storm taught me, I have forgotten too soon.


In most people I dislike, I see some part of myself.

4 comments:

The Guy Who Writes This said...

That's not a rant. You picked on yourself. With a good rant one must pick on others.

Anonymous said...

Guy with the "Rant-Rule" Handbook.

Auntie said...

I am with Guy on this too, TH. That was sort of a "self-rant"

CB said...

Honestly, don't you think a reporter writing those kinds of rants is a bit redundant?

Sorry if I disappointed. I think I know how I'll do it better next time. It was okay for a first rant. I'm getting there.